Early Morning Walk + Yoga Flow

This morning I woke up at about 4:30 due to allergies, so I decided to just start my day. Most would be cranky on a Saturday morning that early, I'm sure... but for me, I'm a morning person! Once I'm up, I'm fully awake and ready to go. Normally I do yoga and meditation first in the morning but I wanted to beat the heat and do my walk/jog earlier so I got dressed and headed out! I did 1/2 mile with 2 short jogging bursts.

It's hard to believe that not that long ago I could barely walk 1/4 mile without entering my house dripping with sweat and on the edge of dieing. I can now finish up a 1/2 mile and come in the house and start up a conversation. Some days are a little harder due to the heat (we are in the 103°/104°'s all week).


Had a great yoga practice this morning! I just went with the flow and did what felt right, I've been slowly adding new poses into my practice. I want to try Full Boat Pose tomorrow morning, it is one pose that I've been staying away from since I had tailbone surgery a little over 6 years ago so I shy away from those things. I will for sure put a blanket under my butt!

Breakfast was good! Wasn't sure what to eat so I just put something together. A 1/2 cup of granola with Chobani, a banana, ice water with 1/2 a lemon... and I made an iced coffee to drink after I finish my water and banana!



Dinner was amazing tonight! I marinated teriyaki chicken, made cilantro basmati rice, and a big salad... so good! I'm addicted to this basmati rice, it filled my Chinese food craving for sure tonight!

The only craving I get is Mexican and Chinese food, and cheese. Sometimes chocolate milk, I used to be a chocolate milk fiend! I still eat cheese, but not like I did before. I would literally demolish a whole chunk of block cheese... in one night! My favorite cheese is extra sharp white cheddar, so I sometimes have some slices with my lunch or with crackers for a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - -