2015 Reflections

As the year comes to a close and a new one beginning tomorrow, I started to think about what I've done this year. This is the first year I have actually ended strong and happy. In the past, I would have given up after a month or two. I'm actually carrying on something I started this year on to the next and not starting fresh on day one, that is a really good feeling!

The beginning of the year started off pretty bad, I'll admit it. My husband lost his mother, we were living in a small apartment with financial struggles, stress and depression was paying a huge toll on me and my husband. Then everything took a huge turn at the end of May. We paid off all debt, bought a house in full, and started to really enjoy life again. It really feels like we were finally living life! I know for a fact that I would not be doing what I am now in my weight loss if we were still in the same situation we were in, stress really has a play in that kind of thing. So I am forever grateful to my husbands parents for all they left us with after they were gone, not a day goes by where I don't think of them and thank them.

A lot of things have happened this year health wise for me!

  • I lost 60 lbs in 5 months (I started my journey on August 5th)
  • Completed my first ever 5k (even if it was just a virtual one, and did a second one after that)
  • Went from a size 26/28 to a 22 in jeans
  • Went from a 4x to a 2x in shirts
  • I have started to mend the relationship with food and we are doing well!
  • I found a new passion for walking and jogging
  • Speaking of jogging, I jogged this year!
  • This biggest thing of all, I'm learning to love myself and that is the best feeling over all.
Here's to a new year and new possibilities! 

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to you and your awesome progress this year! I wonder what will happen in 2016.... I can't wait to read your story to find out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Cheers to you too!! Bring on 2016!! :)

      Delete

- - - - - - - - - - - - -