The beginning of the year started off pretty bad, I'll admit it. My husband lost his mother, we were living in a small apartment with financial struggles, stress and depression was paying a huge toll on me and my husband. Then everything took a huge turn at the end of May. We paid off all debt, bought a house in full, and started to really enjoy life again. It really feels like we were finally living life! I know for a fact that I would not be doing what I am now in my weight loss if we were still in the same situation we were in, stress really has a play in that kind of thing. So I am forever grateful to my husbands parents for all they left us with after they were gone, not a day goes by where I don't think of them and thank them.
A lot of things have happened this year health wise for me!
- I lost 60 lbs in 5 months (I started my journey on August 5th)
- Completed my first ever 5k (even if it was just a virtual one, and did a second one after that)
- Went from a size 26/28 to a 22 in jeans
- Went from a 4x to a 2x in shirts
- I have started to mend the relationship with food and we are doing well!
- I found a new passion for walking and jogging
- Speaking of jogging, I jogged this year!
- This biggest thing of all, I'm learning to love myself and that is the best feeling over all.
Here's to a new year and new possibilities!