C25K: Week 1 - Day 2

I was oddly looking forward today even though my legs are super sore from yesterdays walks. My fastest mile is 15:12 and I really want to get to that pace again so I divided up the 3 laps I do so I have a pace guide:

Lap 1 - 5:04
Lap 2 - 10:08
Lap 3 - 15:12

I would like to do 5:00, 10:00, 15:00 instead, that would be super and would beat my PR by 12 seconds. It's hard for me to track on the C25k days so I will work on this tomorrow morning when I head out. Saturday is going to be dedicated to my longer walk/jogs so I can work on endurance, the weekdays will be for working on my pace, and then Sunday will be for resting. I think that plan will work to help me prep for this 10k next month, so we will see where I am in like 2 weeks.

One thing I need to do is add in strength training, I keep saying I will add it but never do. So today I'm going check online for some idea's!



Ok, so how was my day 2 of C25k? Awesome!! I shaved off 1:06 minutes off my run time and 35 seconds off my walk time, also went a little further! I'm super happy with this progress on day 2. I paid attention to when the jog intervals were the hardest for me and that ended up being the 2nd and 7th interval, the others were challenging but not bad and even the last jog interval wasn't too bad because I was pushing hard on that last "chance". After I logged my session into Smashrun I earned the 5 for 5 badge for logging a session for 5 days in a row! Woot!




No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - -