Daily weighing can be a great tool but it's all personal preference. If weekly weighing works for you, that's great! If monthly weighing works for you, that's great too! Heck, even not weighing yourself and just going off of NSV's is fantastic! It's whatever works for you, don't worry about what others chime in and say. Daily weighing can put a toll on your mind if you are not prepared to see the numbers move around day to today. Some days I see a couple ounces go up (or down), somedays I see even a lb go up and down. This weighing method has helped me also figure out how certain foods react with my body.
I switched to daily weighing a couple months ago and it helps me stay on track with my weight loss. While yes, it sucks to see the numbers jump on some days, it also helps me plan for that day to try and "turn thing around". I've lost 70 lbs in 6 months, so clearly daily weighing is helping me. I don't keep track of how much I've lost in general, just the totals based off the last weigh in, so you won't see large numbers on this chart at all, mostly just -/+ and anywhere from ounces to a lb difference.
I also don't always weigh each day, some days that I know I'm bloated, I will stay away from the scale just for my own sanity. It just depends on how I'm feeling, if I really want to see the damage I did by eating my weight in Girl Scout cookies I can... but I didn't, we won't talk about those Girl Scout cookies on Friday haha!!
Remember, daily weighing isn't for everyone!
Stick to what you feel is best for you!
- Don't get obsessed! Stick to a certain time of day and only do it once, then move on.
- Be prepared to see the scale go up and down! Weight fluctuates naturally, so it's ok to see the scale go up one day and down the next, even if you think you are doing really well. It's ok!
- Don't look into the numbers too much! If your feeling great that day and your clothes are loose but the scale says you have gained. Ignore the numbers, you could be retaining water or building muscle! Go by what your clothing is telling you!
- Psychology Today - Daily weighing may help manage your weight
- CNN - Don't fear the scale
- Science Daily - Weighing yourself daily can tip the scale in your favor