My best milestone!

Today marked the best milestone I have hit yet, it means more to me than anything I've done so far on my weight loss journey... and it's something most people do everyday without even a thought. I played outside with my daughter in the grass. That was it. She is now 7 years old and I have never in her life been able to play outside with her, I always get over heated or my body just couldn't keep up so I would be seen sitting down watching her play alone.

Last week I picked up some Nerf scoop and toss toys on the clearance rack (they had no packaging) for $5 and we went out to one of the many greenbelts in our gated community to play with them. I had so much fun I didn't even care that we both sucked at catching the ball haha! I even used my Fitbit to track my activity while playing and burned off 100 calories and added in 500+ steps, score!

This little milestone meant so much to me. For so long I have wanted to get out there and play with my daughter but never could, my weight held me down. Not anymore, I'm free and it's only getting better from here! I'm never going back to my old lifestyle again and I promised myself that I won't go back.


2 comments:

  1. My allergies really started acting up reading this post...and then my heart exploded. You are an inspiration! I am overwhelmed with happiness for you and your daughter, what an incredible memory you just made together! Congratulations, and I can't wait to see what's ahead for you! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said this was your best milestone!

    ReplyDelete

- - - - - - - - - - - - -