Green Thumb + Meals

Today my husband had off work, he needed to use up some vacation days before he loses them so he spread out a couple Mondays and Fridays off. Since the landscapers finished quick, we had time to put the raised garden beds together and run out for soil! We got everything done before we picked up Zoƫ so we all (including Maggie) headed to Home Depot and picked up most of the new plants!! So fun!

We saved room in both beds for more herbs and lettuces (dill, thyme, romaine, kale, arugula, and spinach), we are picking them up this weekend at our local nursery. I'm so happy with how it turned out, I do miss our bougainvillea, they gave the yard a gorgeous backdrop but once our garden takes off it will look so nice! I plan to add new potted flowers and hanging baskets soon as well.

Before and after of the bougainvillea removal:


The new beds!! We have a good mix of herbs and veggies, can't remember it all off hand but two types of tomatoes, peppers, basil, oregano, cilantro, strawberries, lavender, rosemary, and a few others!




Other than gardening today, I can say that I stuck to my meal plan perfectly! I did add in some strawberries this afternoon for a snack and had an extra iced coffee... but I only drank 1/2 of my morning iced coffee and then only 1/2 of the one I added in, so technically it was still only one cup but I logged a second one anyway. Here are two meals I ended up photographing, we are doing dinner now!

Breakfast was plain greek yogurt with a spoonful of organic peanut butter and KIND granola (chia, oats, and quinoa).... so good!! I will be having this again tomorrow morning, was 280 calories and kept me full till lunch! Lunch was Boars Head blackened turkey stuffed with cream cheese, fresh pineapple, and organic strawberries. This was 282 calories. Dinner is grilled chicken with sweet corn. My snacks were cottage cheese, strawberries, and two iced coffees (well, one total).

After dinner I'm headed to the treadmill for my 30 min walk, trying not to run... just walk tonight. Tomorrow is going to be my run day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - -