Mail Day!

This week I ordered a new book to dive into! I have been wanting to read Run to Lose from Runner's World, so I finally caved and ordered it. As I get more and more into running, I really want to refine my eating to reflect that. When starting my journey I switched my eating habits to just "healthy eating" but I never really went any further into macros, carbs, what exactly to eat, etc. So when I saw this book on the Runner's World website I decided to give it a try. 

I had a chance to flip through it so far and I will say this... it looks pretty good! It's just what I was hoping to see, lots of "why eat this" and "what does this do". I've been googling the phrase "what do runners eat?" lately and get a ton of mixed info, which is all nice, but I'm a book nerd. Just give me a new highlighter and I'm in heaven (I love making notes and highlighting in books, guilty)!

I also ordered another book this morning and it's Jeff Galloway's The Run-Walk-Run Method, that will be here on Saturday (along with an interval timer). I'm eager to read that book next!

With my order today, I got a new band for my Forerunner! I really wanted a Forerunner 235 because of the color... I know, dumb... but I didn't like the battery length of the 235 and I also already have a HRM on my Fitbit, so it seemed fitting to get the 230 instead. I really loved that minty-blue band color though, so I saw I could just order the band and I did just that! It's a lot softer and bendy than the purple my 230 came with too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - -