Week 1: Run Day

Today I started the first run day of the 5k training I'm doing. It was a super short run but a good one. I was supposed to do 10-15 min run using my given intervals of 15/30. It felt really good, I didn't feel out of breath but I still felt like I was pushing myself. Just before I felt like I needed a walking break it was time to walk, so I can tell it was a good ratio for me. I want to do a 30/30 sec interval but I think the longer I go, I may wear myself out easy so I'll stick with the 15/30.

I can that this training will for sure bring me back to earth with not focusing on always trying to get a PR. When I saw my pace during my run I wanted to skip some walking breaks and run so I could try and beat my last mile PR but I had to tell myself to relax and follow the program. I need to just enjoy the run and not focus on the numbers.




This little girl is headed to the vet tomorrow, I am 90% sure she has a UTI. Poor girl. She has been doing amazingly well with no accidents up until today, she had four accidents this morning and one was right in front of me, so that was a red flag right away. Then the past few days I've noticed she has been licking "herself" more than usual, as well as dragging her butt any chance she gets. I'm certain it's a UTI, don't want to risk any chances so we are going in at 11am tomorrow to get it all checked out.

Hopefully it clears up quick so she can be back to herself!


4 comments:

  1. That is one cute puppy! I hope she feels better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She went to the vet today! :D

      Delete
  2. Our Maggie had an UIF as well when she was that age. I hope your Maggie feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took her to the vet and for sure had a UTI, got meds though! She also had small heart murmur on her first visit, today he didn't hear it. Fingers crossed it is gone, we will know for sure on the 25th when we get her second puppy shots.

      Delete

- - - - - - - - - - - - -