Hitting a Wall

It seems since I've upped my running I've been struggling to get any weight off. I've done some snooping around online and it seems to be a common issue, so I'm not alone. I have about 11 lbs to go till I reach my first main goal of losing 100 lbs, I really want to reach this goal but I feel like I'm not getting any closer the more I run. Once I hit this 100 lb goal, I don't care how long it takes for the rest of the weight to come off and I don't want to focus on that, I want to focus on health and running.

Since my training for the half marathon isn't until October, I'm thinking of easing up on running for the month of May, just to see if I can make any progress with my weight. Also, my hips are tired and I think they need a good rest for sure. I still want to run, obviously! I'm thinking of running on Saturdays and Mondays for a bit, then walking on the other days (walking did wonders for my weight loss). So I'm going to freeze my Galloway training this month and pick it back up on June 1st. I have three virtual runs I'm doing this month, so they will be on Saturdays, then I'll aim for a 30 min run on Mondays.

My weigh in day was moved to Saturday since Friday's are insane in the morning with puppy, I like to get up and relax a bit before stepping on the scale.

I also need to work harder on my late night snacking, last night wasn't too bad, I had some Sargento cheese snack bites but I was upset that I snacked after dinner in general. I ended up burning 300 calories on the treadmill after dinner though with some running and walking, but this morning my legs are sore from the running I did and feel heavy. It's a battle I tell you, haha!



2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain about the weight loss. For the past year I've been working out like crazy for the past year, and I was stalled (also was always so hungry and snacked in the evenings). I've decided to cut back on training, just walking every day, and only doing 3 x a week light kettlebell training (5-10 min), compared to 6x a week with 30 minute sessions. Now my weight is moving down again. Good luck to you! And Maggie is adorable as usual. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome it is moving again! I think I have just been overdoing it so I need to cut back and get back to the basics. It's hard because I LOVE running, but if it just takes me a month or two to get to where I need to be, it will make running easier for sure.

      Delete

- - - - - - - - - - - - -