Something Exciting... and terrifying!

So, what is the whole hype?!.... I just officially registered for my first half marathon in January! What?! I wasn't planning to register until next month, but finances allowed me to do it this morning instead. I'm both excited and terrified! My mind is thinking "yay, this will be fun!".... and it's also thinking "wtf are you doing?!". I will start my training in October and will be following a Galloway training plan, just need to do the calendar math to see what week I will start. Luckily, it won't be too hot in the morning in October so I will be able to do the magic miles he has us do outside with no issues and hopefully do most of my training outside. I haven't been able to do them properly with being on a treadmill and it's best on a track or measured area.

One reason I'm really excited to register now is that this gives me a huge push to stay on track and be the healthiest I can by January. It's like a huge goal was just placed in my lap and now I have something new to work for! A few people have asked me why I want to do a half, there are a few reasons. One, I want to see what my "new" body is capable of at a lower weight... two, bragging rights, duh! LOL





A little confession this morning too... I love Monday's, plain and simple. I am excited it's Monday for sure after last nights binge, ack! We had spaghetti for dinner, I was well in my calorie budget for the night and everything was good... then I decided on a bowl of cereal (I never eat cereal)... and then bring on the bowl of popcorn... that I refilled twice. So, ya. I'm excited to reset today, feeling that binge bad this morning. Ok, now that my confession is out in the open I can focus on this week, haha!

I forgot to mention how yoga went over the weekend. Well, I ended up not being able to make the class due to a busy Saturday. Bob had to work on Sunday for month end at work (he usually is off on the weekend) so we crunched everything in on Saturday. I want to try going this Saturday but looking at my day, it will also be a busy weekend. Instead, I'm planning on a short yoga session at home for my cross training today!

4 comments:

  1. You have the best attitude!! Once I binge I tend to just quit so having the mindset of a new opportunity and reset is awesome! Also way to go on pushing yourself with the 1/2! You'll totally crush this goal too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Binging SUCKS! I've been playing mental games all day today with it, I was doing so well for months up until April lol!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on registering for your first half marathon! You'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm totally stoked to do this! I'm itching to have that 13.1 under my belt!

      Delete

- - - - - - - - - - - - -