My goal right now is to lose 23 lbs (or 25 to get a tiny bit ahead), that is the weight I gained since hitting my 100 lb loss. I don't care how long it takes me to lose this weight, it can take a year for all I care, as long as I'm going in the right direction and eating healthy again.
I know I have slipped on a LOT of my bad habits:
- Fast food came back into the picture, literally the week after I reached a year of now fast food
- Junk food is back - donuts, candy, cookies, chips, you name it!
- Water drinking is a rare occurrence
- Running? What is that anymore?
- Walking, ya, that too... that went out the window, minus morning dog walks (2/3 mile)
- Coffee is my spirit animal and I drink it more than I eat
I'm ready to get back to where I was and where I said "I will never allow myself to go back down that road again".... never say never, it can happen and it did to me. One thing is, I'm happy still and I still value my self worth, I'm not depressed over my weight gain. It sucks and I'm upset, but it doesn't control my life like it did in the past. I acknowledge the weight gain and where I'm at now, and that is it. I keep telling myself "ok, tomorrow is a new day".... I have been saying that for months.
TODAY is the day!
I preplanned my meals last night for today, so all I have to do is focus on sticking with it and reaching the end of the day successfully, then repeat tomorrow. I need to get these habits started again so I'm going back to my routine of logging everything I eat to stay accountable. Now that the weather is cool finally, my dog Maggie and I will be doubling up on our walks mon-fri = 1 mile AM and 1 mile PM. She needs the exercise too, she is getting a tad chunky as well lol!