Cowabunga 5k

This morning was the first 5k since October, it's been a while but I didn't think it has been that long! I decided to take my time on this 5k and pace myself. every time I jump right back in where I was at, I burn out quick. Patience will get me back to where I was! I did the whole 5k with intervals of 30 sec run x 3 min walk and they worked out perfectly. My legs felt like lead on the last 1/2 mile, I felt like I was running in sand.

Time: 53:20
Average Pace: 17:12

I had negative splits as well, always a nice surprise!

Mile 1: 17:50
Mile 2: 17:15
Mile 3: 16:37

I felt really good after this 5k this morning, took my dog out for a quick walk when I was done as well. The last 5k I did was faster but I felt horrible and it was a hard run/walk to do. I burnt out quick and was exhausted with breathing issues. Slow and steady.

My goal for 2017 is to beat my 5k PR (47:03). Tomorrow I'm taking a rest day, then will be focusing on a 30 min run/walk on Wednesday with the same intervals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

- - - - - - - - - - - - -